JUST female has several initiatives to ensure the farming of land and animals in a concious fashion.
All paper tags attached to a JUST female garment and garments made from wood-pulp such as lyocell and cupro are made of FSC-certified wood that has been sourced in a more environmentally friendly, socially responsible, and economically viable manner.
We furthermore have an extended animal welfare policy that all our supplies have signed that is as follows:
JUST female does not allow animals to be harmed in the name of fashion.
Animals used for our products must not be exposed to pain but treated with dignity and respect according to animal welfare laws and international recommendations.
We require our suppliers to work with us to increase traceability in our supply chain in order to decrease the distance to animal farms.
JUST female does not support testing on animals.
The killing of animals must always be done in the quickest and the least painful and non-traumatic method available (and not in the vision of other animals) and approved by national and acknowledged veterinarians and only conducted by trained personnel.
Transportation of animals must always be following local legislation and ensure that animals are not travelling long distance and are ensured enough space and access to food and water during the transportation.
The Five Animal Freedoms must be followed:
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst
- By access to fresh water and diet to maintain health and strength.
- Freedom from Discomfort
- By providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease
- By preventing them from getting ill or injured and making sure the animals are treated if they do.
- Freedom to express Normal Behavior
- By providing sufficient space, proper facilities, and company of the animals’ own kind.
- Freedom from Fear and Distress
- By ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
The following animal-derived products or practices are banned in JUST female products:
JUST female does not sell products that derives from animals appearing on either of these lists:
- The International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- The Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES).
JUST female does not use fur in any of our products.
- JUST female condemns the process of live skinning and live boiling and we require our supplier to guarantee that this process is not practiced anywhere in our supply chain.
- We only accept the use of leather from animals that have been bred for the food industry.
- We do not accept leather from areas where endangered forests are cut down to make room for farms.
- Since we are unable to ensure that the rabbits are being ethically treated in our supply chain, the use of angora wool has been banned for JUST female products.
- JUST female does not allow live plucking of the birds.
- JUST female does not accept wool from new-born animals or aborted animals (e.g. Karakul).
JUST female condemns the practice of mulesing and we require our suppliers to guarantee that this method is not practiced when sourcing Merino Wool.
When sourcing below mentioned animal-derived materials, we ensure that the animals are treated according to our animal welfare policy.
JUST female does not allow the mistreatment of the Mohair goats during shearing of their wool. Our mohair wool, the fleece from the Angora goat, is responsibly sourced from traceable animals and farms in South Africa with several globally recognized certifications for sustainability, CSR, animal welfare, and quality.
JUST female only use feather or downs from birds that have been bred for the food industry, but not for the production of Fois Gras.
JUST female only uses feather from certified suppliers (RDS certification).
Ensuring a good treatment of the animals when sheering of wool is essential to JUST female. To ensure this, we require our suppliers to work with us to increase traceability in our joint supply chain.
JUST female only sources certified wool products (RWS certification).